Patrico, Hermanson & Guzman, A.P.C. is California's leading workers' compensation defense law firm. We are dedicated to providing superior client service with swift and effective case resolution. For over 40 years, we have successfully provided workers' compensation representation for insurance carriers, employers, staffing firms, PEOs, brokers, TPAs, and government entities. It is our mission to provide effective case resolution, quality file management, and client satisfaction to each and every client partner.
- We are passionately driven to provide the highest level of client service. It is our mission to ensure our clients receive diligent communication from the moment their file is received with the best outcome for our clients. We take a collaborative approach in developing strategies with adjusters and employers.
- We are 100% focused on our clients' needs. That means, we close files - we conduct proactive claim reviews with a hand selected team of aggressive attorneys ensuring your case benefits form the strategy of the entire team. We offer alternate fee arrangements to our clients - flat fees per month per matter and tiered hourly rates based on volumes.
- We have extensive workers' compensation defense experience - We have attorneys in 7 offices throughout California and the majority of our attorneys are Certified Specialists in Workers' Compensation Law. All firm shareholders are Certified Specialists in Workers' Compensation Law.
- We adhere to a strong educational focus for our clients and the workers' compensation community at large. We are committed to providing continuing education. We are one of a few firms certified by the California Insurance Commissioner to provide continuing adjuster education. All of our attorneys attend mandatory monthly MCLE meetings to ensure best practices for our clients.
Track Record of Success in Workers' Compensation Law
All Firm Shareholders have completed the educational and practical requirements and passed the written examination in workers' compensation administered by the California State Bar to earn a Certificate of Specialization in Workers' Compensation. Additionally, we are proud to note that we have a proven track record of success spanning over four decades and we are well respected by judges and our colleagues.
Main Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Labor Code Section 132a Representation
- Serious and Willful Misconduct
- Subrogation/Third-Party Claims
Other Legal Services
PHG has achieved excellent results representing clients on Labor Code section 132a Petitions, Serious and Willful Misconduct Petitions, uninsured employer cases, fraud workup and recovery, preparation of Medical Provider Network Applications, Industrial Disability Retirement, and OSHA citations.
Our Commitment to Client Service
Our entire team is committed to ensuring our clients receive the highest level of service. Along with our quality control process, all attorneys report to a shareholder and all clients have direct access to those mentoring shareholders at any time throughout a case. We welcome and encourage all feedback throughout the process. It is our mission to passionately deliver at all levels: proactive response, swift case resolution, and effective use of your time. To ensure you are receiving the highest level of service, please feel free to contact our leadership anytime to provide feedback or insight.Our team welcomes your feedback and input anytime: Joseph Patrico
(858) 874-2462 Sean Hermanson
(858) 874-2109 Martin Guzman
(831) 998-7348 Kinjal Pike
Director of Client Relationships
Contact Us Today
1633 Bayshore Highway, Suite 360
Burlingame, CA 94010-1537
16133 Ventura Boulevard, 7th Floor
Encino, CA 91436-2406
Elisha Fara Landman
210 Capitol Street, Suite 1
Salinas, CA 93901-2682
Martin R. Guzman
6180 Quail Valley Court, Suite 110
Riverside, CA 92507-0757
770 L Street, Suite 950
Sacramento, CA 95814-3361
600 W. Santa Ana Boulevard, Suite 700
Santa Ana, CA 92701-4555
Justin A. Williams
SAN DIEGO (Corporate Offices)
4180 Ruffin Road, Suite 275
Sand Deigo, CA 92123-1834
Director of Client Relationships